The topic of Livejournal has popped up a couple times on the social network du jour. More specifically the topic of “Does anyone still use Livejournal?” has popped up. Of course I was never much into the service to begin with. Aside from the occasional annoying meme or “anyone free?” post, my account was merely to view all the juicy details of my friends’ sordid lives. Not surprisingly it’s pretty useless these days…
Recently it came to my attention that the private feeds I used to keep track of you all had stopped working – largely because I accidentally deleted them. Not only did it take me months to realize, but once I logged back in there was almost nothing to read. No offense to those of you still writing there, but maybe 2 or 3 people had written anything in the last 6 months with most accounts blank for the year.
So it’s time for me to cut ties with that sinking ship. The only posts that really mattered were imported years ago, but I did notice one labelled “10 things from my really boring life” that seemed to fit the typically boring content over here:
- Helped an old lady cross a street in NYC.
- Stabbed a good friend…
- Gotten so drunk my dad had to drive from train station to train station before he found me wandering around a deserted parking lot at the end of the line.
- Built a large window-sized structure completely out of Snapple bottles.
- Skied through clouds.
- Had my car totaled by a police officer.
- Been hit by a lawyer when I almost did something stupid in court.
- Built a dorm room that became a regular stop on campus tours.
- Got a guitar string from a famous musician (Roger Miller) and helped someone get one from another (Chris Cornell).
- Sued Apple… oh wait, that was a different Thomas Slattery… How about almost been killed at a concert?
Fascinating life I led, eh? Not that there’s much to add over 5 years later…