Things I want to write about when I get home tonight:
- Seeing She Wants Revenge at Irving Plaza with Jeff and Sara
- Seeing Franz Ferdinand and Death Cab for Cutie at the Tweeter Center with Jeff, Sara, Chris, and Mark
- I really should mention how great the Billy Joel Concert a few weeks ago – is that enough?
- Progress on the house and the lovely flowers its previous owner planted for us – photographic evidence!
- The length of my hair – more photographic evidence!
- Booking our honeymoon to Hawaii – well, that’s really all there is to say so far
- My ever-shrinking storage space thanks to DIME
- IE7 – it’s actually pretty cool so far
- Fun and impromptu photo sessions at home and how they’ve inspired me
If I actually get to write about any of that I’ll be amazed. So just in case, I leave you with this enjoyable meme:
Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births, and one death in your journal, including the year.
Three neat facts:
5509 BC – The world was created, according to the Byzantine Empire. (I almost left off that last bit as this one was just WAY cool!)
1752 – The Liberty Bell arrives in Philadelphia.
1875 – A murder conviction effectively forces the violent Irish anti-owner coal miners, the “Molly Maguires”, to disband.
1854 – Engelbert Humperdinck, German composer (d. 1921)
1974 – Jhonen Vasquez, comic book artist
1999 – W. Richard Stevens, Author of Unix Network Programming and several books and IETF RFC documents (b. 1951) – I was actually sad to find this out. I had no idea he died in ’99 at such a young age. Every CS major would at least recognize his books even if they don’t own them.
It’s so interesting to see how the birthday information changes, because I pretty much only ever remember recognizing Lily Tomlin (and perhaps Conway Twitty) as sharing mine when I would look it up as a kid. Now I recognize names like Rocky Marciano and even the GREAT Billy Blanks being in the midst. Plus there are the newer additions to fame like Fallout Boy’s guitarist (born on the day I turned 8!) and a number of athletes.
Oh yeah, and one terrorist.