Holy crap do I have a lot of tabs opens! And for that reason I’ll start by pointing out one of the awesomest Firefox addons – Session Fix. All it does is ask me if I want to save my session when I close down the browser. No more worrying about losing the 30 tabs I’ve had open all week!
- This weekend I was excited to see Eric Meyer address the whole “not enough women speakers” issue at web conferences by pointing out that he felt expertise and content were more important than genitalia. Unfortunately he got toasted for it. I wanted to write more on this subject and link to all of the craziness going on, but screw it. If you read his post and don’t get the idea that picking someone based on actual qualifications over gender, race, creed, etc. than I think there’s a bigger problem…
- As a side note, I went to a technical college. My class had one of the largest female enrollments at 25%. If you looked at the number who were actually in computer fields, it was far below that. Why is it still a surprise that there are fewer females in technical areas?
- The wallpapers installed in Windows Vista are awesome. And now you can get everything Hamad Darwish submitted for free. (thanks to Ed Bott)
- For the politically-minded, check out OpenCongress. Looks like a good way to keep track of what’s going on.
- I may use Wikipedia regularly, but I do not his my disdain for it while doing so. I would love to see the co-founder’s new project, Citizendium take off. It certainly sounds like a better alternative than Conservapedia (which already appears to be offline).
- In case you hadn’t made up your mind about David Caruso, this is all you need to know. (thanks to Jess)
- For those with a shoe fetish (my personal faves are the 4th pair). (thanks to Kottke)
- And, finally, if you’re looking for some new music, why not go through the SXSW line-up day by day and get some free mp3s!
That’s all for now kids…
One thought on “Random linkings: 2007-02-28”
holy cow these hamad darwish photographs are Phenomenal.
Comments are closed.