I have over 30 tabs open right now – I really need to be doing this at least once per week.
- A very clever website for Miranda July’s book, No one belongs here more than you. Trust me, just go through the whole thing – it doesn’t take long.
- This is one of the most wonderfully sublime comics Scott Adams has ever done.
- Lots of people were excited about EMI agreeing to drop DRM on their iTunes songs. Personally I just think it’s funny because it shows that Jobs can lie all he wants, and come out looking like a hero.
- If you’ve ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church (no link love from me) then you probably hate them. BBC did a show following them
and it is available on YouTube in 7 parts. Nevermind, the videos have been removed. (thanks to YesButNoButYes)
- Analogies should be outlawed. I’m not totally against copyright, I’m just in favor of some serious copyright reforms. And when I read that post all I could think was that this is someone who just doesn’t get it. And judging by the comments, neither do most of his readers.
- Why was I not contacted for this research?! To be honest, the perfect amount of bacon for anything is when you are throwing out the empty packaging. (thanks to YesButNoButYes)
- A drobo “storage robot” would solve all of my storage problems. Now if I just had $700 lying around the house… Maybe I should just look into building one of these with existing hardware and Ubuntu? (thanks to Scoble)
- Sometimes when you write a humorous letter, you get a humorous reply. But who would expect that when complaining about their water bill? (thanks to zefrank)
- T-shirts + art = T-show! (thanks to Illustration Friday)
- And I’ll leave you with two great videos courtesy of kottke – A time-lapsed video of the Mona Lisa done in MS Paint (thanks) and The real estate market since 1890, you know, if it were a rollercoaster (thanks). So glad we bought during that final scary plateau – the one that looks like its setting up for a plunge.