Before my tabs just explode, let’s see what goodies are out there.
- For starters, if you’re not reading Neatorama you should be. Not necessarily the fastest to get the links, but the writers there get most of the goods and actually write about the sites rather than just pointing to them. Check out this list of must see videos on Videosoft.
- I also recommend keeping up with Your Daily Awesome, because with all of the crap on the Internet you need someone to lead you to awesome album covers, awesome architecture, awesome ninja moves and awesome commentary on awesome book covers?
- You know what else is awesome? Batgirl threatening to let Batman and Boy Wonder bite the big one to strike a blow for equal rights. (thanks to jonsonblog)
- Jeremy Zawodny posted this riddle which has been bugging me for awhile as I forgot the 4th question in the sequence. Give them a try, because they’re actually a fun test of your reasoning skills – the first time I ever heard them I missed the first one but then got the next three.
- Tim Bray asked what people thought the Twentieth Centuryâ€™s most iconic piece of design was, provoking a lot of interesting responses (just ignore the suggestion of the iPod) and showing just how ubiquitous design is.
- I’d say that this site is DEFINTELY one of the best uses of an URL. It opens up so many possibilities. (thanks to Seth Godin)
- For now I’ve got Windows Vista running again for my home machine, but when the time is right I see a Sable from system 76 in my future. Just because I don’t want to build my next system, doesn’t mean that I want just another pre-built Windows box – even if Dell will offer Ubuntu, too.
- How bizarre can life get for a washed up one-hit wonder and his disappointed wife? Hopefully Frank & Cindy will eventually see a real release and we can find out.
- Anyone else ever get bugged by the arbitrary nature of the 0.08 BAC limit for DUIs? No, I’m not suggesting that drinking and driving is just fine, but I have absolutely no clue at what point I hit that limit. Rob over at Cockeyed.com tested out a breathalyzer during a party and showed just how difficult it is to judge your intoxication level.
4 thoughts on “Tab clearance 2007-05-13”
The so called riddles are stupid. First, there are no preconditions to the second question. He uses the article “a” rather than “the,” which would indicate that there is only one refrigerator. “A” gives no such indication as to whether there is only one or say 8 lined up in a row, such as in a showroom at Sears.
If we are supposed to assume that a normal sized adult giraffe can fit in a fridge (and it cannot) then the assumption that there is more than one refrigerator is far from unrealistic. Hell, it is blatantly more realistic than believing that a giraffe can fit in a fridge.
And that’s not even if we consider that they are figurines or stuffed animals. Perhaps both figurines could fit side by side. Fridges are big
I loathe poorly thought out riddles that somehow are supposed to prove that you think “correctly.” Whoever wrote that up is a self congratulatory idiot.
Whoa, tell me what you really think. Personally, I just find them, as I said, a fun exercise in logic – a way to make yourself realize that sometimes the most simple answer is what you’re looking for.
Then again, I’m not a fan of most riddles as I’ve seen too many that use very convoluted logic to reach a ridiculous answer.
I only like logic puzzles when they are actually logical.
And you know how I hold my opinions in 😉
The hell? The first three riddles assume that animals don’t move on their own. I have two puppies I can point to as evidence to the contrary :p
Comments are closed.