A few months ago, courtesy of some gift cards and a sale, The Woman and I had the opportunity to procure a beautiful new TV for our viewing pleasure. Specifically, this 42″ LCD from Vizio – a set I can’t recommend enough. And now that we have HD service courtesy of Verizon FiOS, there’s little reason for us to ever leave the comfort of our coach.
These days, we’ll stay on a show simply because it looks great in HD regardless of the content. In the past few weeks, I’ve watched significant amounts of the following in HD:
- A moose, standing in a lake, eating.
- Two moose, standing in a lake, eating.
- A herd of buffalo, standing in a river, eating.
- A snowy field, set to music by Enya.
- A show called “Nothing But Trailers” that features… well… nothing but trailers.
- Every NFL game that didn’t involve the Patriots, and even a few that did.
- Madagascar and Ice Age.
- An actual glacier.
- A dog show.
- An NBA game.
- “Secret History of the Bra”.
Of course I’m kidding – I never watched an NBA game. But you could probably have a championship game on the Grass Growing Network, and I would be glued to it as long as it were in 720P or better. The beauty of HD and its effects on content probably goes in the following order:
- Other educational shows
- Computer animation
- Recent movies
- Recent TV shows
- Older movies
- Older TV shows
And that’s how I decide my viewing these days – not by what’s actually playing but by where it ranks on the awesome scale…
One thought on “Things I’ve watched in HD”
I’ve never seen Krull so masterfully used to break up a list of things and give it some spice. Well played, good sir.
Comments are closed.