Comcast showed up right on time today. The installer was very friendly, and made relatively short work of putting new lines into the bedroom and office after rerunning the main line from the street. Everything looks great. And what can I say, I feel helpless when I’m not online. I mean, how do you check the weather, otherwise? Lisa’s parents dropped by today, which forced us to do a lot more cleaning last night than planned. But that’s a good thing, as it feels more and more like home everyday. And now that I can actually check my mail and update this site from home again, that’s a huge step forward. Anywho, here are some quick thoughts from the last week or so:
- Moving is hell. The next one will be done by professionals. Or else we’re just throwing everything out and starting anew.
- The desk can wait a bit, but we need a couch ASAP.
- Montclair is one of the most beautiful towns I’ve ever been in. Just driving around and looking at some of the old (and new) houses is a pleasure.
- However, Montclair must also have the biggest spider population. They don’t come into the apartment, but leave something outside for more than an hour and one of them will start building a web on it. And let me tell you, some of these suckers are downright intimidating.
- Pre-season football is here.
- I’m totally sold on ESPN NFL 2K5. I loved the last one, but the passing is more difficult in the new iteration. But after 2 games late Friday night and another early Saturday (in which I schooled Steve-O), I’m hitting it in stride.
- I really need to start throwing out, selling, or donating anything that I don’t want anymore.
- Whole Foods is a great store. Sure it’s a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. And let me tell you, their olive and artichoke chicken sausage is to die for.
- I really love it here.
That’s all for now; I’ll be back shortly.
8 thoughts on “The return of indieb0i”
Let me know if/when you’re going to be couch shopping; I’m looking to buy one very soon myself. I’ll be going to the place near Eva’s like I mentioned before, I don’t know if that’s too far for you, but if you find a good place closer to you, let me know.
Have one artichoke chicken sausage on me! 😉
Mark – That might not be a bad idea, I’m up for looking at cheaper places when I have the time. Otherwise, we’ll probably just be going to the Siemanns on 46.
Orangeguru – Oh I definitely will 🙂 As a matter of fact, I might just have two!
There’s no place like home. I’m glad to hear you had a good experience with Comcast. 🙂 Mine wasn’t as good at first, but improved as it went along. What speeds to you get up/down?
I may be back down around Eva’s this weekend, if so I’ll try to grab a flyer from Unclaimed Freight for you to look through (if I manage to get it to you somehow :p ) Unfortunately they’re one of the 3 places left on earth that doesn’t have a website, otherwise this would be a lot simpler.
I just tried testing out the connection (for some reason WP isn’t e-mailing me when I get comments!). It seems to be hovering around 2Mbps down and 200kbps up. Not spectacular considering my 4-5Mbps connection at Cablevision (with over 1 meg up), but it’ll do.
Speaking of ESPN, check out this link to a story about some fucktard who wanted to buy Madden. You’ll especially enjoy the last sentence:
Thanks for the link, Mike. That was sheer brilliance. I told Lisa recently that once I’m rich enough to retire (not holding my breath), I want to go back into retail. Because at that point there will be nothing to hold me back from telling customers who are assholes that they are in fact assholes.
Comments are closed.