Comcast showed up right on time today. The installer was very friendly, and made relatively short work of putting new lines into the bedroom and office after rerunning the main line from the street. Everything looks great. And what can I say, I feel helpless when I’m not online. I mean, how do you check the weather, otherwise? Lisa’s parents dropped by today, which forced us to do a lot more cleaning last night than planned. But that’s a good thing, as it feels more and more like home everyday. And now that I can actually check my mail and update this site from home again, that’s a huge step forward. Anywho, here are some quick thoughts from the last week or so:
- Moving is hell. The next one will be done by professionals. Or else we’re just throwing everything out and starting anew.
- The desk can wait a bit, but we need a couch ASAP.
- Montclair is one of the most beautiful towns I’ve ever been in. Just driving around and looking at some of the old (and new) houses is a pleasure.
- However, Montclair must also have the biggest spider population. They don’t come into the apartment, but leave something outside for more than an hour and one of them will start building a web on it. And let me tell you, some of these suckers are downright intimidating.
- Pre-season football is here.
- I’m totally sold on ESPN NFL 2K5. I loved the last one, but the passing is more difficult in the new iteration. But after 2 games late Friday night and another early Saturday (in which I schooled Steve-O), I’m hitting it in stride.
- I really need to start throwing out, selling, or donating anything that I don’t want anymore.
- Whole Foods is a great store. Sure it’s a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. And let me tell you, their olive and artichoke chicken sausage is to die for.
- I really love it here.
That’s all for now; I’ll be back shortly.