- Even if dooce wasn’t such an enjoyable writer, the story of the raccoon in her chimney would be worth it just to see the photos. We’re talking a butt-first escape!
- My favorite site for following the election is still electoral-vote.com. A good example why is this quote from last week:
In a nutshell, the Democrats believe the government should bail out individuals who made stupid (i.e., greedy) decisions about getting a mortgage they had no hope of ever repaying. In contrast, the Republican believes the government should bail out banks and brokers who made stupid (i.e., greedy) decisions about issuing mortgages to people who had no hope of ever repaying them.
- Yet another great webcomic for me to follow – Savage Chickens. Monday’s comic explains how I finally to convert The Woman into a real Internet user.
- I’ve been remiss in pointing out Stuff White People Like, but I’m assuming you all know about it by now. The site is essentially 50% laughing at myself for fitting a stereotype and 50% laughing at other people who follow a stereotype. Today’s entry on “Free Healthcare” is another great one:
Though their passion for national health care runs deep, it is important to remember that white people are most in favor of it when they are healthy. They love the idea of everyone have equal access to the resources that will keep them alive, that is until they have to wait in line for an MRI.
This is very similar to the way that white people express their support for public schools when they don’t have children.
- I am once again inspired by photos of an abandoned place. This time it is el_rebelde’s photos of an almost-forgotten amusement park. Now if I just had the courage to walk past those “No Trespassing” signs. (thanks to kottke)
- While you may not agree with Joe Queenan’s conclusion, he puts together an excellent list of criteria for the “worst movie ever” while “reviewing” The Hottie and The Nottie (thanks to kottke)
- And one last one from kottke – George Clooney seems like the kind of guy you want to hate, but interviews like the one in Esquire make it difficult. At least read it for his reaction to the “George Clooney is NOT the sexiest man alive” Facebook group. (thanks to kottke)
I feel like there was more, but that should tide you over for now.
2 thoughts on “Friday Web Fun”
I love the distilled mortgage plans from Dems and Repubs.
There’s lots of cool abandoned sites in NJ, too. It’s the stock-in-trade of the Weird NJ guys. You should also check out urbanadventure.org for tons of that kind of stuff. I want to check out the abandoned Cedar Street Subway in Newark, but I think I should have a carry permit first.
As a responsible home owner, I feel like a sucker.
Comments are closed.